It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I didn’t think I’d get to a FFF today – it has been a busy day, plus at first I just couldn’t think of anything to mention that I haven’t mentioned before. But it is ok to be thankful for things again/still. 🙂 This is where the value of an exercise like this manifests itself: after just a few concentrated minutes of thinking it over, I found that there were more than five, as usually happens. So here they are:
1. Another ladies’ newsletter completed. Some months I pretty much know what I am going to include in it, so it is just a matter of getting it down and formatted. Some months I have no idea, and this was one of those. But after praying for the Lord to direct me in what to put in, it’s so neat to have different things come to mind and then see it all come together.
2. Cake pops. I was craving something caky, but I don’t dare make a whole cake for just three of us. I was in Wal-Mart and remembered these (that’s the only place I have ever seen them):
3. Face Time with Jason, Mittu, and Timothy. We don’t see Jason and Mittu as much as we used to since they have a new baby in the house and their own washer and dryer now. 🙂 And we got so used to seeing Timothy several days a week while he was in the hospital, that to go a couple of weeks without seeing him seems like half of forever. I was craving a visit and texted to ask if they wanted to Face Time, and we did. It was nice to catch up and fun to see him almost in person, though I enjoy pictures, too. It was nice, too, to talk to him a bit – don’t want him to forget Grandma and Grandpa’s voice! 🙂
4. An appointment deferred, or actually not deferred, but I thought I had an appointment for my physical Thursday but was relieved to find it was actually scheduled for next Monday. It was just a busy week, and though I could’ve worked around it, it was nice to discover I didn’t have to after all.
5. Take-out a couple of times this week. My husband brought home Chinese food Saturday night, and then one night when he had to be out of town Jesse and I got take-out from Ruby Tuesday’s.
Other little blessings: I’ve enjoyed our hummingbird visitor coming more frequently, bringing his mate, and getting a little less skittish about seeing us through the window, plus seeing a baby rabbit in the back yard (we’ve seen adults plenty of times but this is the first baby we’ve seen). I’ve also made some more progress on my stitching during the evenings and my new project last weekend. Here is a sneak peek:
A major blessing this week has been your gracious comments on my 8th blogiversary post. Thanks so much – you’re all very kind. 🙂