It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends. Wow, it’s hard to believe we’re so near the end of July! Here are some of the favorite parts of the past week or so:
1. Jason’s birthday. As new parents, they’re not getting out much, so it was a joy not only to celebrate his birthday but just to get together.
2. Getting to hold this little guy again:
3. Taking up my stitching again. I think I put it aside at Christmastime. I don’t know why it took me so long to take it back up.
4. Vacation Bible School. We don’t have children young enough to be in it and can’t participate except through small contribution and prayers, but the coordinator has been sending e-mail updates after each night’s events. It has been wonderful to hear of the gospel going out, the children being responsive, a few of them coming to know the Lord, and a number of behind-the-scenes ministries.
5. Getting started on a new project, one I have been contemplating for a long time. It takes me nearly forever to decide what I want to do on things like this, and I have a tendency to make it more complicated, but I finally have an idea in mind and have started on it. I hope to be, if not finished, at least far enough along to show a picture next week.