It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends. Here are some of the favorite parts of the past week or so:
1. Online registries. We’ve had a lot of bridal showers, weddings, and baby showers at church the last few months. I love registries so that I can get the person something they want rather than providing their first yard sale fodder. I especially like that most store registries can be accessed online now. It helps a lot to be able to look them over and pick out a couple of ideas beforehand instead of roaming all over the store first.
2. Hummingbirds. We just put a feeder put a few weeks ago and hadn’t had any visitors. But just recently we saw that the level of nectar had gone down, and more recently we’ve seen a little visitor. They are so amazing to watch.
3. A new cell phone. My phone had been having trouble making or keeping a charge, so my husband took it in, and evidently it had a lot of dust in it – more than they could clean out by their usual methods. 😦 But it was under warranty, so they gave me a new one, and now I am trying to take special care to keep dust out of it. I usually keep it in my pocket, which seems to produce a lot of very fine lint. Just saw online recently some silicone plugs for the various ports in a phone, so may look into those. Anyone tried them?
4. A husband who deals with issues like phone troubles. 🙂 Dealing with the “genius bar” is not one of his favorite things, but I appreciate his going there for me.
5. A volunteer. We had made plans to go to Jason and Mittu’s tomorrow for his birthday (which is actually today), but got word that Great-Grandma’s weekend caregiver would not be available this weekend. Her weekday caregiver volunteered to come on Saturday since she knew we had plans. Much appreciated!
Hope you have a great weekend!