It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends. Here are some of the favorite parts of the past week:
1. A three day weekend. It was so nice that Independence Day fell on a Friday this year – it was like having two Saturdays in a row.
2. A neighborhood potluck. A few of the neighbors organized a community get-together for the 4th. I met some I didn’t know and renewed acquaintances with others. We took Great-Grandma out in her wheelchair, and she really enjoyed it. I wasn’t sure how she would react – she’s never liked crowds and having a lot of activity around her, but she was smiling and waving. Many people came up to say hello to her.
3. A special Sunday. Since my Pastor’s announcement about his diagnosis with pancreatic cancer, we’ve had some guest speakers come in – mostly some who have had a long connection with our ministry and wanted to be here to support him and our church, but it has also helped him to be able to rest during some part of the regular Sunday services while others spoke. This last Sunday he was unable to make it to Sunday School, and we had a time of sharing and praying for him during that time. It did my heart a lot of good to have that time together. Then our former youth and music pastor had flown in and spoke to us during the Sunday morning service and sang Sunday night. The message was just what many of us felt we needed, and it meant a lot to have this young man, who means so much to so many of us, here. I recommend the message to you, especially if you’re going through any kind of hard time or think you might in the future 🙂 : Everything Beautiful In God’s Time from Ecclesiastes 3:1-14.
4. A much more relaxed week than the last several have been. I haven’t gotten all the things done that I had been wanting to get to when I couldn’t. 🙂 But I did get caught up on the housecleaning.
5. A crossed-off list. I keep a running list of things I need to do and remember for the week on my desk, and usually whenever I change it for a new one, I have to transfer one or two items from it to the next list. It felt good this week to have every item crossed off. That doesn’t mean everything was done that could possibly need doing – I keep a longer list on my electronic devices of projects to get to when there is time. But having those items crossed off for that brief moment of time felt good. 🙂
Bonus: I just tried today (Thursday) a Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap from Chick-Fil-A. Wow! Why have I waited so long to try this?! Because I thought I wouldn’t like it (some restaurant grilled chicken tastes rubbery to me), and because I like their regular sandwiches so much. It’s nice to have a lighter alternative, especially during the summer.