It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here are some highlights of my week:
1. Finally getting a haircut. Nothing new or different – I just tend to wait way beyond the time it needs to be shaped up to the point that it cooperates even less than it does normally. It just tends to continually be a low priority in my schedule. But I am glad I made time to get it done.
2. A fun wedding. We have three weddings scheduled at our church this summer. The first one was last weekend, between two of my son’s closest friends. I know fun isn’t a word one usually uses with weddings, but this one was, beginning with the groom and groomsmen all wearing matching tennis shoes. 🙂 There were, of course, appropriate moments of solemnity as well.
3. Great-Grandma’s 86th birthday was Wednesday. It was pretty low-key – she can’t do much. But she enjoyed it, especially Jim reading her cards to her, singing along as we sang “Happy Birthday,” and Face-timing with little Timothy.
4. Independence Day. America is far from perfect, but I love it and am happy to celebrate its birthday! Plus it’s really nice that it falls on a Friday this year. One neighbor has organized a neighborhood potluck, so I am looking forward to that. We might even try to get Great-Grandma into her wheelchair to come to it for a while.
5. Timothy’s “Welcome Home” video. I mentioned last week that my little grandson was finally able to come home after 10 and 1/2 weeks in the NICU. My son, Jason, made a little video to announce it. So sweet – I’ve watched it several times.
Happy Friday, and Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans!