It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends. Here are a few of mine:
1. No “events” since Sunday – meaning baby Timothy hasn’t had any bradycardia episodes since then. The heart rate drops are the main thing that’s keeping him from coming home, and it is just a matter of his system maturing enough for them to stop, so hopefully he’ll be stable enough to come home soon.
2. An infant CPR class. I’ve never had a CPR class of any kind, but the NICU was offering this for free, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to take it. I hope I never have to actually use it, but hearing the instruction and actually practicing makes me feel a lot better than trying to figure it out from a book.
3. Rain. We finally got some good, soaking rain this week instead of the occasional short shower.
4. Good parking spaces. This may sound silly, but sometimes I pray that I’ll find a good parking space when I go up to see Timothy. I don’t mind walking when I have the time, but sometimes my available time to visit is short before I have to get back for Great-Grandma’s caregiver to leave, and I don’t want to be circling 5 levels of the parking garage or walking half a mile (seemingly) when my visiting time is limited. There is a small parking lot near the entrance I go in, but it is pretty busy in the daytime. It is neat to see God answer that prayer on those days with a space in that lot.
5. Back to normal. Both the weekend and weekday caregivers for Great-Grandma were on vacation last week, and we had a good substitute, but it is a relief to have the regulars back.
I almost skipped the FFF this week, partly because of busyness but partly because I could only come up with one item at first. It hasn’t been a bad week, but nothing really stood out initially. I’m glad God brought these things to mind.