It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends. Here are five favorite parts of the last week:
It’s been another good but busy week. Here are some of its highlights:
1. Improvement for my little grandson in the NICU. He is gaining weight and had his first bath this week. 🙂 His heart rate still drops from time to time, but not as much as at first.
2. NICU support. Though the NICU probably wouldn’t be any parents’ preferred first stop for their child, the staff there have been very supportive and informative, plus it has been nice to have nurses at hand to ask questions and guide them through how to bathe and change him, etc. I remember with my firstborn that even though my youngest sister had been born when I was 17, and I had been the chief babysitter for her and for some other of my mom’s friends, I felt surprisingly nervous and unsure about taking care of my own baby. It would have been nice to have someone at hand to ask some of those new parent questions.
3. Preemie clothes. He should be able to start wearing them soon. They are so cute! All of my babies were over 9 lbs., so all these teeny tiny things seem even smaller to me.
4. Delivered meals. The ladies at church are preparing meals for my son and daughter-in-law, a great help as they are spending time at the hospital and she is still recovering.
5. New blooms. My brand new hibiscus plant that we just bought and planted lost all its blooms and its leaves look shriveled after an unexpected late frost, but it is putting out new blooms this week.
Bonus: I can’t believe I almost forgot to mention Easter. That seems like so long ago now! 🙂 But we enjoyed a meaningful church service and then time with family over Easter dinner. Though we think of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and its meaning for us often throughout the year, it is a special blessing to have this focus on it.
Hope you’ve had a great week!