It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends. Here are five favorite parts of the last week:
1. Safe travels for my son and daughter-in-law as they went to OK to visit her mom and attend a couple of baby showers folks were throwing for them. They had a little accident when someone scraped their car passing in a parking lot, but thankfully it wasn’t major and didn’t jolt the car enough to hurt anyone.
2. Baby things. It has been fun perusing my daughter-in-law’s baby registries and seeing all the cute things. I am looking forward to seeing what they got for their showers! I enjoyed receiving a video from my son showing us their new stroller/car seat combo – it was fun to see how excited he was about it. 🙂
3. Nice temperatures. When I’ve been out and about this week, the weather has been sunny and the temperatures a little on the cool side but not so much as to need a sweater – my favorite.
4. New schedule working out well. We had to cut back my mother-in-law’s caregiver’s hours so as to manage my mother-in-law’s finances better, and also because there was not enough for the caregiver to do to justify paying for 9 hours a day. That means those hours the caregiver is no longer working fall to me. I’m having to watch the clock a bit to try to get my errands done while she’s here, and in some ways I feel a little more tied down, but I’ve been surprised at how nice it feels to have the house to myself more.
5. Losing 6 lbs. over the last few months. Woot! I’ve just been changing one thing at a time (beginning exercising regularly, cutting back on sweets), and there are many more measures I need to take, but it has been encouraging to see some results just from what I have done so far.