It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I’m a little late to the party – it has been a busy week! Here are some of my favorite parts of it:
1. Springy days. The weather has been just perfect this week, not too hot or too cold. It’s been rainy and windy today, but I accept that it’s gotta do that some times. 🙂
2. Longer days – or more sunlight to the day, at least. It’s rejuvenating.
3. A productive week. I won’t bore with with the to-do list, but I got some things done I needed to and some things I wanted to. Some weeks I’m not sure where the time goes, but I don’t seem to have much to show for them, so it is nice to get some things accomplished.
4. Timely arrivals. I had ordered something for Jim’s mom’s weekday caregiver’s birthday and paid a little extra for it to get here today. By mid-afternoon I realized that “today” might not mean before she left at 5. I prayed it would get here before she left but was mentally preparing myself that I’d just have to give it to her Monday after her birthday. But it came today at 4!
5. Forty years of being a Christian. It just hit me last night that this year is the 40th year since I believed on Jesus Christ as my Savior. Unfortunately I didn’t write down the exact day and I don’t remember what time of year it was, but I do know how old I was. What a blessing to have known Him and His forgiveness, love, and care for so long. My testimony is here. I encourage you, if you don’t know Him, or you’re not sure, take time to find out more about it. This link explains more about becoming a Christian.
“Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.” I John 5:12
“And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.” John 17:3
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6