It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here are some of my favorite moments from this week:
1. An Irish Tenors concert! We first saw them on a PBS special years ago and have been listening to their music ever since. I was surprised to see in Sunday’s paper that they were going to be in town, in the beautiful Tennessee Theatre to boot. Tickets were a little pricy, but Jim found a Groupon deal to get them half price. His mom’s weekday caregiver was willing to come Saturday night, so everything worked out nicely. All in all it was a wonderful evening.
2. Stopping by the Orange Leaf for frozen yogurt afterwards. They have a dairy-free orange flavor that is really good. I hope they expand their dairy-free options!
3. Having the Will Galkin Evangelistic Team at our church this week. We weren’t able to go to all the services since we don’t have a caregiver for Jim’s mom in the evenings, but we did enjoy the ones we were able to go to.
4. Seeing a couple of young people from our old church in SC. One is my middle son’s age and is on the Galkin team. He’s probably my favorite person to hear sing. Then his sister was able to travel in to see him Sunday morning, and we got to visit with her a while, too.
5. Seeing Frozen with the family. I think we may be among the last people in the country to see it, but we enjoyed it. Now I finally know what that song is about that I keep seeing parodies of, LOL!