Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
The last three weeks have had something abnormal about them. Maybe this is becoming the new normal! :0 I hope not! But there are good things in any week, and here are five from this one:
1. The Olympics. I’ve been mainly watching the figure skating, but have also seen a bit of several other competitions.
2. Valentine’s Day! One of my favorite holidays!
3. Take-out from Ruby Tuesday’s. Love their Smoky Mountain Chicken. My husband graciously got me dinner from there when I was craving it even though he doesn’t really like anything he has tried from there.
4. Take-out from Wok Chow, an Asian place, as its name implies. Jason and Mittu were coming over one night and offered to bring some food from there when they came over. I’m pretty much always open to having someone bring me dinner. 🙂
5. Snow. I haven’t been a big fan of snow in my
old middle age. I can’t get out in it due to a balance problem, and I tend to mainly see it as bringing potential for traffic problems and power outages. But we got 6″ on Wednesday, and it was hard not to get excited about it. We didn’t have any problems with it (except Jim’s mom’s aide didn’t make it in) and much of it was melted away by Thursday. Jim and Jesse even got out and played in it for just a little while.
But personally…I’m about done with winter and ready for spring, groundhog or no groundhog. 🙂
Hope you’ve had some blessings this week, too.