Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
Some weeks you really have to search for five good things about the week, and the FFF is so helpful for that, because there are always things to be thankful for. And some weeks there are so many good things that you’re about to burst, and FFF is helpful for that as well. This week has been the latter! I’ll try to squeeze as much into just five “faves” as I can:
1. Our anniversary. We celebrated 34 years of marriage on Saturday. Jim took me out to dinner on Friday for our anniversary and then Jason and Mittu came over to make dinner for us on Saturday.
2. Family times. Our oldest son, Jeremy, flew in Friday night and has been here all week, and we’ve seen Jason and Mittu every day, I think. We’ve had fun times talking, watching movies, playing games, and having a few outings.
3. Christmas. The remembrance of the greatest gift of all, God’s gift of the Lord Jesus Christ to be our Savior. The love. The giving and receiving. The food! 🙂
4. Nights off in the kitchen. Usually during holidays or when the family is all together, there is a lot more time in the kitchen both cooking and cleaning up. But this week Jason and Mittu made dinner once, Jeremy is planning to make dinner this weekend, and we’ve eaten out a few times in conjunction with some of our outings. Then Jason cleaned up the dishes for me a couple of times. We might make this a tradition of everyone making one meal when we’re all together! It helped me not to feel as tired and not to feel like I was missing out on the visiting because I was in the kitchen.
5. Quiet times. I can get pretty cranky and stressed without some quiet moments here and there, and though this week and has been fuller and busier than usual, there have been pockets of quiet time and rest just when I needed them.
It has been a lovely week, and Jeremy is here for a few more days, so we’ll have some more family times together this weekend. I’m so thankful that everyone had some extended time off this week.
I hope you’ve had a great week, too.