Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
I apologize if several posts with no content popped up in your feed readers from me yesterday. Every time I hit “Publish” or “Save Draft,” everything would disappear except the title. I tried several times and put in a note with the WordPress forums, with no help from that quarter yet, but I am hoping it was a temporary fluke and that everything will work like it it supposed to today.
Here are some favorite parts of the last week or so:
1. Praise service. This was actually the Sunday before Thanksgiving, and I can’t believe I forgot to mention it. In all of the other churches we have been in, the Wednesday or Tuesday before Thanksgiving has always been a time for testimonies about how God has worked in our lives the previous year, and it has always been the highlight of the church year for me. Up to this point our current church provided that time at the end of a fall festival earlier in the month, but not everyone can attend that, and and fewer people can participate since it is at the end of a number of other activities. This month they decided to have it the Sunday night before Thanksgiving, and it was a joy to hear different people share how God met them in the circumstances of the past year.
2. Family time. My oldest son was home for Thanksgiving and stayed until Monday, and everyone else (except Mom 🙂 ) was off until Monday as well, so we enjoyed a nice long weekend of feasting, playing games, decorating for Christmas, and enjoying each other.
3. Dinner at Cheddar’s. Not only is it one of my favorite places to eat, but it was nice to have a break from cooking and dishwashing.
4. Making gingerbread houses. This is a new tradition our daughter-in-law introduced to us. This year we had a Charlie Brown theme.
5. The end of a bad day. Yesterday was an extremely frustrating day for a number of reasons. The post I was trying to publish yesterday took much longer to write than I had planned, and then the silly thing wouldn’t publish, and I spent a great deal of time trying to get it to. Then I had a couple of mishaps in the kitchen, including burning the caramel for caramel corn (burnt caramel is not a good scent for the home…:)). But that day is over, and hopefully this one will be better.