Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
It has warmed up here this week – had to turn the AC back on after having started the heater for a few days. Here are a few faves from this last week of October:
1. A newly refinished dining room table, courtesy of my dear husband. We’ve had it for…oh, maybe 20-25 years, I can’t remember for sure. Long enough that our family of five wore the finish through in places. We had been talking about the need to refinish it for some time and my husband finally got the chance to last weekend.
2. Pumpkin carving. That’s not something we ever did in my family growing up, and didn’t do with my own kids, but my son and daughter-in-law have wanted to try it a couple of times. Last time I just watched and took pictures – this time I gave it a go. I wanted a happy face, but this one ended up looking a little anxious. 🙂 But it was a fun activity with the family.
3. Dinner. When my son and daughter-in-law came over to do the pumpkins, they brought dinner: a pot roast with potatoes and carrots, salad, rolls, sweet potato fries, and a pumpkin pie. Delicious! And it was so nice not to have to think about what to make for dinner during the day or stop what I was doing to make it.
4. Jesse’s registration. My youngest just got all registered for his last semester of community college (already?!) He has to do an internship and there was some talk of putting that off til summer, but he got it scheduled and got all the rest of what he needed to finish his requirements. That is a relief!
5. Days at home. Some weeks it seems like I am out running errands every other day, but for the last two weeks somehow I’ve only had to be out one weekday each, with just a few things to do on the weekend. I love being home much more than running around. 🙂 Plus I can get so much more done at home when I am not having to dash out here and there, though of course some times it’s necessary.
Hope you have a great weekend! I am looking forward to mine! Will tell you why next time.