Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
It feels like we have jumped from fall into winter already! It has been in the 30s with frost on the ground a few mornings this week, and some of my blog friends are having snow. Hopefully we will have a few more fallish days before winter sets in for the long haul.
Here are some favorites of the last week or so:
1. Trying new recipes. I’ve been taking all the recipes I’ve clipped out of magazines over the years and putting them into scrapbook-like notebooks so I can use them more easily (but not enhancing or decorating them like scrapbooks – I’d never get done). Some I use regularly, some I haven’t tried yet, and the process has reminded me of how many good-sounding recipes I actually have. I enjoyed giving a couple a try this week, even though I wasn’t thrilled with how either of them turned out. Tater Crust Tuna Pie would probably taste better with a regular pie crust, and the Pork Roast (the first time I’ve cooked one) wasn’t very flavorful or as tender as I expected (husband suggested doubling the spices, son suggested cooking it longer, both good ideas).
2. Stir-fry leftovers. The leftovers of the pork loin made for a great stir-fry the next night.
3. Replanting my flower pots. This was actually a couple of Saturdays ago, but I forgot to mention it. I cleaned out all the dead and overgrown stuff and planted pansies for the first time – I’ve heard they are supposed to last well into the fall, and so far the frost hasn’t gotten them. They’re not my favorite flowers, but I’ve been smiling at their cute perkiness.
4. Fall decorations. I finally got the rest of them up and am enjoying them.
5. Dinner brought in. My son and daughter-in-law came over to do laundry last night and brought dinner from a favrorite Asian place as well.
Hope you are having a great week!