Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
This feels like the first real week of fall to me, even though it has been officially fall for a few weeks now. Maybe because the leaves are finally starting to noticeably turn, maybe because I finally got my fall decorations up. Here are some of the high points of the past week:
1. A better knee. I had done something to it last week to cause it to hurt — I don’t know what — and was loathe to go to the doctor and get sent off for x-rays and such, so I decided just to rest it as much as possible. It’s gradually been getting better to the point that it feels normal more often than it doesn’t, so hopefully it will be completely mended soon. Meanwhile I guess it is the appropriate time of year to walk like a zombie. 🙂
2. Oven meals. I think I list this every fall. There are some things that take an hour or so in the oven that I don’t dare make during the summer because it would make the house too hot and the AC wouldn’t catch up til the next day, so it is fun to get back to those when the weather cools a bit.
3. McAlister’s Deli. My husband indulged my request for a night off from the kitchen and brought a wrap and some soup from McAlister’s for me. I wish they sold their potato soups by the quart! That’s probably my favorite type of soup but I don’t make it from scratch very often.
4. A rainy day, not usually a favorite, but we hadn’t had one in a while, and I was able to take a cozy nap, which made it perfect.
5. A safe road trip as my son and daughter-in-law drove to OK to visit her mom.
Bonus: Books. I could list them every week. 🙂 I have to confess that sometimes I gravitate to games on my iPhone at times I would normally read, and I’ve tried to reverse that this week and get back into a book that I was lagging in. I did get over the hump and get back into it.
Hope you’re having a great week! Feel free to join in with us at Susanne‘s while we count our blessings.