Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
It’s been quite a nice first few days of October, even though I still can’t believe it is October already. Here are some favorite parts of the last week.
1. Pizza and movie night with the family. It seems like it has been a while since we’ve done that.
2. My Fitness Pal. I especially like the little bar code reader on the iPhone app that inputs all the nutritional information from packaged items. Very handy!
3. Take-out from Cracker Barrel. My dear hubby brought some for me even though he doesn’t like anything from there. Especially loved the Coca Cola Cake. Mmmm…
4. Losing 5 lbs. Woot!! I haven’t been doing anything really drastic yet – walking 30 minutes 4-5 times a week and cutting back on sweets (except for occasional splurges like the Cracker Barrel cake. 🙂 ). There is more I need to work on, but it seems to work better for me to take small measures a little at a time rather than overhauling everything at once.
5. Hope for Jim’s eye. Some of you may remember that my husband had surgery for a detached retina back in April. Unfortunately his vision in that eye has been getting much worse. He saw his eye doctor and was told that he had a wrinkle on his retina now. That may fix itself over time, or it may require additional surgery – for now they advocate waiting on it. But they did say he had a cataract, which he had been told might happen due to the excessive laser work during the retina surgery. Now he is scheduled to have that removed in November, and it’s much less invasive, less recovery time, etc., than the retina surgery. We’re hoping we can get the date moved up, but we’re just glad that there is hope this will improve his vision.