Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
Another busy week — I thought things were supposed to slow down in the summertime! 🙂 Here are some favorites from the last week:
1. Getting a couple of projects done: curtains and a remade bulletin board for the sewing/craft room. I’ve had both in mind for a while, so it was nice to finally decide what to do and get it done.
2. A rest day. I was not feeling well Sunday – nothing horrible, but just enough to stay home from church. I spent most of the day resting and reading – got a whole book read in a day! It felt so luxurious.
3. More light. I enjoy having more light in the evenings this time of year.
4. A visit from a friend. A good friend since early married days 30+ years ago and her daughter stopped by for an overnight visit on their way to visit another daughter. It’s always so good to catch up with them.
5. A husband who knows what to do. My friend’s car was leaking gas really badly. She had just gotten it back from the shop where they were supposed to have fixed the problem, but evidently the fix didn’t work, and she had another 8-hour drive scheduled today. Everyone was tired last night and decided to sleep on it, but then my husband came up with a plan of action that would take care of the car but still get her where she needed to go. So many times in our lives he has been able to come up with a practical plan of action when I’d still be in a muddle of not knowing what to do. I so appreciate that.
Bonus: It’s National Doughnut Day at Krispy Kreme, and they’re giving away one free doughnut per customer. We don’t have one right near us (which is good, because I’d be there much too often: their “Hot Doughnuts Now” sign is an irresistible magnet), but I may have to go looking for one. 🙂