Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
It has been a full, good, productive week! Here are some favorite parts of it:
1. Time with family. Jim and Jeremy were both off through Monday, when we had to take Jeremy back to the airport, so we had the entire weekend to just hang out, play games, and…
2. Decorate the Christmas tree. It’s up earlier than usual for us — Thanksgiving was the earliest it could be, but I love doing this all together while Jeremy is here. And now I feel like we have an extra week for Christmas activities. 🙂
3. Getting the bulk of the Christmas shopping done, most of it online– first time ever that’s happened before it’s even December. And I have a great deal of it wrapped already, mainly because I didn’t want bags and boxes cluttering up the closet or sewing room.
4. A lunch date at Cracker Barrel. After we dropped Jeremy off at the airport, Jim took me to lunch at Cracker Barrel, one of my favorite places, but one he’s not crazy about, so it meant a lot to me. ♥ They had a special on chicken and dressing that was really good (except for a few loose bones…), and their Coca-Cola cake is luscious.
5. Mini pink-decorated Christmas tree on my desk. I got this at a little shop where we used to live, and I don’t remember where I used to put it in the old house, but here it fits just right on the side of my desk.
Hope you have a great weekend!