Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
It’s been kind of a different week, though not an unpleasant one. I haven’t gotten half done what I wanted to, but did accomplish a few things here and there. Here are some of the favorite parts of the week:
1. Organizing a couple of areas. I started by cleaning out a corner of my drawers where I stuff receipts, and ended up sorting and reorganizing two dresser drawers. And I have a box where I keep gift bags and a bag where I keep tissue paper, and both had gotten disheveled as new things got tossed in, so it was nice to get those organized — I can see better what I have and it doesn’t look messy any more.
2. Dinner made by someone else. 🙂 Jason and Mittu came over and made dinner last Saturday — chili, corn chips, cornbread muffins, salad, and pumpkin pie.
3. Choco Peanut Butter Dreams. I tend to crave them during autumn though they are not specifically fallish.
4. Nestling under the covers on cold nights. I tend to get hot at night and have to put feet or hands or shoulders out from under the covers to get comfortable, but I don’t like to sleep without covers of some kind. So these cool nights when I can comfortably tuck everything in are really nice.
5. Hot cereal on cold mornings. I’m the only one in the family who eats it, and I don’t like the instant variety. It was nice to discover I could make one serving of regular cream of wheat in the microwave.
I bought stuff for one of those beautiful fall wreaths with burlap rosettes that I have been seeing all over the Internet. The burlap roses weren’t going so well last night, but I hope to figure them out this weekend. 🙂
Have a great Friday!