Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
Wow, it’s hard to believe January is almost over. Here are some of my favorite parts of last week:
1. Mom’s day out. I had some gift cards for Michael’s, which is too far away from us for a casual stop in, so I finally had a day where I could plan to go to there and JoAnn’s, which is nearby. Just down from JoAnne’s is Tuesday Morning, and I had time for a stop in there, too. Found some good deals, had lunch on the go at Chick Fil-A, and then my husband took me out for Mexican food that evening. A fun day overall!
2. Surprise discoveries. While tucking my gift cards away in my purse, I discovered a forgotten JoAnn’s gift card and $20 in an envelope from my last birthday. Sweet! I didn’t think the gift card had much left on it, but after I made my purchase the clerk told me there was still $12 left.
3. Antibiotics and healing. This week I’ve been recovering from what was a worrisome infection. A former pastor used to say God heals “with medicine, without medicine, and sometimes in spite of medicine.”🙂 I’m so glad for these tools He has allowed men to discover.
4. Kids pitching in. My son and daughter-in-law made some delicious lasagna for us last Sunday, and my youngest son cooked his first meal ever last Monday, and all of them loaded the dishwasher afterward. Jesse ran to the store for some essentials for me, the first time since he started driving that I asked him to do that. He even brought me back some M&Ms.:)
5. A new quilt. I had been looking for one for a long time. The bedspread we had was deteriorating. I wanted something with pink, blue, and green, and kept finding various combinations of those colors but nothing with all three. Finally I stumbled upon this at Tuesday Morning:
It’s still not exactly the shades I was looking for, but it is closer than anything else I’ve seen, and it was inexpensive enough that if I find something I like a lot better, I won’t have any problem storing this for company use.
Bonus: My son Jason, who has been unemployed since Thanksgiving week, starts a new job Monday!
Despite recuperating, it’s been a pretty good week. I could add that receiving a few notes, e-mails, and Facebook posts that people were praying for me was a blessing, too.