Susanne at Living to Tell the Story tagged me with an 8 Questions meme, in which she asks 8 questions, I answer them, then make up 8 new questions to tag 8 others with. Here are Susanne’s questions and my answers:
1. What is your greatest joy?
Besides my own salvation and times with the Lord in His Word, I can honestly say with John, “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth” (III John 4).
2. What do you do when you’re bored.
Mess around on the computer, surf through TV channels, or read. Which I do depends on what mood I am in.
3. Are you a sweet or salty snacker?
I have an overactive sweet tooth, so I am usually a sweet snacker, but sometimes a bag of chips or popcorn is the only thing that will do.
4. Beach or mountains?
This is hard — they both have their appeal. Beach, maybe, if it is not too hot and there aren’t too many people.
5. Favorite things on a burger.
I like my burgers fairly plain — mayo (preferably Miracle Whip, if I am making one at home), a little bit of mustard and ketchup, and a little lettuce. And cheese. Must have cheese. Sometimes a slice or two of bacon as well.
6. Would you rather have someone else do your laundry, clean your house or do your yardwork?
Clean my house.
7. Are you a one book at a time person or have many on the go at once?
I have at least two going at a time, occasionally three. I have one book in each bathroom, and if I am going through some type of Christian instructional book, I usually keep it with my devotional books and incorporate it into my devotional time.
8. Favorite scripture or quote.
This is another hard one, as there are multitudes of Scripture verses that have specially ministered to me, and I regularly post quotes that speak to me. I’ll narrow it down to two Scriptures that have come to the forefront over and over again in my life:
Psalm 16:11: Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Isaiah 41:10: Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
1. What do you is the greatest benefit you receive from blogging?
2. What was your childhood nickname? How did you get it? Are you still called that now? (Oops — I guess that’s three in one!)
3. Miracle Whip or mayonnaise?
4. What is your favorite season and why?
5. When you are sick, do you like a lot of attention and pampering, or do you like to be left alone?
6. Share one pleasant childhood memory.
7. Share a time a hymn ministered to you in a special way.
8. Describe your favorite coffee mug (or show us a photo of it). Why do you like it?