Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a “Friday Fave Five” in which we share our five favorite things from the past week. Click on the button to read more of the details, and you can visit Susanne to see the list of others’ favorites or to join in.
1. Sunshine! After all the rain last week, it was nice to have almost no rain and plenty of sunshine.
2. Air conditioning! It’s been in the 90s and pretty humid. I can hardly be outside or run through the mall or W-Mart without sweating and turning all red. I don’t perspire in a dainty, ladylike way, unfortunately. I don’t know how I’d live without AC in the house and car.
3. Father’s Day. It was a fun time to honor Jim and make his favorite Boston Cream Pie.
4. Pink accessories and supplies. It’s silly, but this just makes me happy.
I also saw a pink filing cabinet I’d like to get for when I convert Jason’s room into a sewing/craft/guest room after he gets married and moves out.
5. A successful shopping excursion. A former pastor used to say that women could go shopping for a white blouse, hit every store in the mall, not find a white blouse, and still have a good time. Not me!! If I can’t find what I am looking for, I get frustrated. I don’t really like traipsing from store to store looking for something — not for very long, anyway. Yesterday I found shorts for Jesse for camp, a gift for a baby shower, sheets for my bed (I’d wanted some with a pattern but had only been able to find solid ones), and towels with the colors I wanted — all at one store! And at great prices!
I’d been looking for towels with blue and tan and maybe a bit of brown, but at other stores the blue in the towels like that was kind of on aqua blue, which wasn’t what I wanted. I was glad to find these:
And I love this adorable gift bag from the baby department:
And one extra as a bonus — I can’t seem to stop at five. 😳
6. This hilarious post of cartoons at Sally’s. I especially like the farmer in the dell and the squirrel on the psychiatrist’s couch.