In honor of Father’s Day this Sunday, I thought I’d salute dads and post lines that seem common to dads everywhere. Did your dad say these? Can you think of any others?
1. Do you think I am made of money? (or Do you think money grows on trees?)
2. This is going to hurt me a lot worse than it will hurt you.
3. You’re not leaving my house dressed like that!
4. Close the door. Were you born in a barn?
5. As long as you live under my roof, you will live by my rules.
6. Don’t make me stop this car!
7. “Hey” is for horses.
8. When I was your age , I….
9. You didn’t beat me. I let you win.
10. Who said life was supposed to be fair? Life is not fair.
11. I’ll tell you why. Because I said so. That’s why.
12. What are your intentions with my daughter?
13. You’ve got a headache? Here, let me step on your toe, and you’ll forget your head hurts.
More Thursday Thirteens are here.
(Graphic courtesy of Snapshots of Joy)