Erica at Butterfly Kisses tagged me for this meme in which we’re to list 5 reasons why we blog. Thanks for thinking of me, Erica! 🙂
1. I hope the Lord can use it as a ministry to encourage other Christian women and to be a light to those who do not yet know Christ as Savior.
2. Always, or at least often, in the back of my mind I have wanted to write, and the best way to learn to write well is to write, I’m told. What the Lord might do with that desire, I don’t know, but I do know that writing frequently in a blog has helped to sharpen my thinking and my expression and caused me to brush up on a few grammatical rules. 🙂
3. I am on an e-mail subscriber list for people with transverse myelitis, and it has been a great support system through the years. Now I am at the point of being able to encourage new folks there. But in general if I talk about the Lord very much, it’s frowned upon by some in the group. I wanted a place to be able to express myself freely in that regard. I’ve been so thankful that my blog stats frequently show that some search involving TM has led people to my blog, and I hope they found something here that’s helpful.
4. I can think things through when I write about them. Just the process of putting thoughts in writing helps me focus, sort, prioritize, draw conclusions, etc.
5. I’ve enjoyed “meeting” and interacting with other bloggers.
I think I’ll tag Kim, Susan, and Bet — and as always, if you don’t have time, I won’t be offended. 🙂 And if you’ve already done this, please forgive me — I have seen it here and there but can’t remember where.