I’ve been hesitant to post this Thursday Thirteen because I don’t want it to sound like I am ranting or griping and have people leave my blog feeling grouchy. 🙂 I hope you’ll take it in the sense of lighthearted bemusement.
1. Why is it that when I want ink to stay on clothing, such as a name on a label, it washes out or fades, but when I want to get rid of an ink stain, I can’t?
2. Why do people roll their grocery carts in the middle of the aisles?
3. Why do cars speed around me only to slow down and then exit the highway right in front of me?
4. Why does the computer act up the most when I’m doing something essential but only have a few minutes?
5. Why do catalog companies think that if I place an order with them, I might order even more if they send me 50 more catalogs in the next 30 days (only a slight exaggeration)?
6. Why do cell phone users feel that they have to answer the phone in the middle of whatever they are doing when it rings?
7. Why isn’t there something to click on the computer so I can highlight a whole line that I’ve accidentally capitalized and change it back to lower case without having to delete and retype the whole thing?
8. Why do coupons for cereal require you to buy three boxes? I don’t have room for three boxes.
9. Why do makers of ads, especially online ads, think that making their ads more irritating will make me want to buy their product?
10. Why do I remember something I needed at the store and forgot to put on the list just after I get home from the store?
11. Why hasn’t someone come up with better a way to package graham crackers? Maybe it’s just me, but I can’t open a package along the folded edges — I always end up tearing it and then can’t get it closed back up.
12. Why, when people are walking while talking with someone else, do they stop walking and keep talking when they reach a doorway? It’s uncanny how often I find myself behind such a situation, then have to wait until they move on or interrupt them.
13. Why does the phone seem to ring most often when I am in the bathroom?
Oh, well. Life goes on, and we have to keep things in perspective and not get too worked up about things that we can’t change. But maybe someone will see this and figure out better packaging for graham crackers. 😀
|Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!View More Thursday Thirteen Participants|