I just saw yesterday, while perusing the What’s on Your Nightstand posts, that Lost Generation Reader is sponsoring an Austen in August reading challenge (HT to Bluerose). As the name indicates, the idea is to read something by or about Jane Austen during the month of August. Since I’ve already started Just Jane, a novelization of her life by Nancy Moser, I’m delighted to be able to jump in without straining much from the other challenges I am participating in this year. I’ll also listen to Northhanger Abbey via audiobook. I have more Austen books both on hand and in my audiobook library, so after I finish these two I’ll decide if I want to add any more.
I'm a 50-something stay-at-home mom who loves to write about my family, funny or interesting things I see, and things God has taught me.
Feel free to Email me EXCEPT in regard to advertising. Any advertising you might see here is the responsibility of WordPress.com.
Join us for the Laura Ingalls Wilder Reading Challenge each February.!
- About me
- Meet Jesus
- Transverse Myelitis
To subscribe to Stray Thoughts:
- Anita Ojeda on 31 Days of Inspirational Biography: A Short List of Several
- claygirlsings on 31 Days of Inspirational Biography: Mrs. C. H. Spurgeon
- Gabby on 31 Days of Inspirational Biography: A Short List of Several
- Review: "How I Know God Answers Prayer" on 31 Days of Inspirational Biography
- Review: "How I Know God Answers Prayer" on Book Review: How I Know God Answers Prayer
- Lisa notes... on 31 Days of Inspirational Biography: A Short List of Several
- jandwblog on 31 Days of Inspirational Biography: A Short List of Several
My Favorite Posts
- The Claims of Christ
- Blessed Assurance
- What God Does With Our Sin
- Reasons to Read the Bible
- God's Word...
- Having devotions when you're not feeling very devoted
- When there is no hunger for God's Word
- Why I Love Jesus
- God's Thumbprints
- Bible "One Anothers"
- Scriptural Reasons for Suffering
- Encouragement for Homemakers
- Encouragement for mothers of young children
- The Back Burner
- When No One Understands
- The Storm and the Rainbow
- Missionary Biographies
- When afraid to surrender
- When I need to be taken down a peg or two
- What do you say about this book?
- Fundamentalism and separatism
- Fundamentals and Secondary Issues
- The means of change
- Dear Me in 1973
- Coping when husband is away
- Thanksgiving Reading
- 31 Days of Inspirational Biography: A Short List of Several
- 31 Days of Inspirational Biography
- Christmas Devotional reading
- Bow the Knee
- Through Gates of Splendor
- Transverse Myelitis
- Thanksgiving poems
- 31 Days of Missionary Stories: Darlene Deibler Rose, Missionary POW
- 1,271,520 hits
- Blogging Books Christian Life Christian Womanhood Crafts Decorating Family Friday's Fave Five Fun stuff Holidays Homemaking Hymns and Spiritual Songs Laudable Linkage Marriage Memes Ministry Missionary Anecdotes Parenting Photo Scavenger Hunt Poems Quotes Religion Show and Tell Friday Stray thoughts Suffering The Bible The Week in Words Thoughts From Scripture Thursday Thirteen Works For Me Wednesday
- Links: My Technorati Profile