Friday’s Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, who invites us to share five of our favorite things from the last week. It’s a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
I’m late to the party today! Had a deadline to meet this morning. But here’s my first-week-of-school faves:
1. The most low-key start to school ever. My youngest son started his second year of community college on Monday. On the previous Saturday I was at the store, saw some notebook paper, and thought, “Oh! I should probably get some of that.” Got a package of pens, too, for good measure. And had to replace a lunchbox later in the week (he had used the old one for years and it finally broke.) He had bought his books before his oral surgery, and he had enough supplies and clothes in good condition (with the exception of tennis shoes – he bought some recently) that we didn’t have to have any big shopping sprees.
2. Recovery. Jesse had four wisdom teeth and two molars removed last Thursday, and the first day was really rough (mainly from nausea), but every day since has been progressively better. He is still chewing a little gingerly, but overall is doing well.
3. Bringing church to Grandma. Our church divided into groups on Sunday night and visited the “at-home” members, mostly elderly folks who can’t come to church often, if at all. We had a pretty sizable group come here to sing and read Scripture for Grandma. There were several children in the group who also stood up together and sang. It was sweet to see Grandma singing along with some of the hymns.
4. Beginning a walking regimen. 20 minutes Monday, 24 minutes Wednesday, 31 minutes today.
5. A lamp I’ve had my eye on for three years but thought was too expensive. The store it was in is going out of business, and yesterday when I was in the area I dropped in to see if the lamp was still there. It was, and the salesperson offered it for half price. I had some money I had kept back from last December when my husband gave me a portion of his Christmas bonus and decided to use it for that.
Happy Labor Day weekend!