This is the last week of summer break for us, and it’s certainly had its highs and lows – though I guess truthfully you could say that of most weeks. Here are some of the highs:
1. A lovely Saturday. Saturday was my oldest son’s last full day of vacation here before having to head back to his place on Sunday. We took a picnic lunch and kayaks out to the lake for a few hours, and though the skies were overcast, it didn’t rain while we were there and the temperatures were wonderful. Then we went to an Asian place for dinner, and the dish I chose this time was just right (the one I had chosen last time was too sweet for my tastes). Then Jason and Mittu took us to the Orange Leaf for dessert, a frozen yogurt place, and they had a couple of nondairy options I could try. All in all a wonderful day!
2. My birthday was Wednesday, and my dear family made it very special for me.
3. Dinner at Cheddar’s for my birthday. Yum!
4. An iPad mini. This wasn’t even on my radar, but my husband thought I might like it and got it for my birthday. And I love it! The screen is bigger and easier to read than my phone’s, but it isn’t as heavy as an iPad and can fit well in my purse.
5. Greetings. I have a handful of friends who still send birthday cards via snail mail – so nice to receive something written by hand in the mail! And Facebook birthday greetings add a lot to the day as well.
The main “low” for the week was that Jesse had four wisdom teeth plus two molars removed yesterday, and though the pain didn’t seem to be a problem for him, he wasn’t able to keep any food down until late that evening. I think it was a combination of the effects of anesthesia, perhaps a bit of dehydration (the surgery wasn’t til 1 and he hadn’t had anything to eat or drink since the night before), and bleeding. He’s asleep now, and I am going to let him sleep as long as he wants to. I hope his stomach is settled today. I’m also praying he doesn’t have any complications, which I would probably do anyway, but his college classes start Monday and that’s added impetus.
Hope you’ve had a great week with more highs than lows as well!
Friday’s Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, who invites us to share five of our favorite things from the last week. It’s a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.