Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
I saw this on Facebook — it about sums up the weather situation this week:
We do have some snow in the forecast in the next few days. But here are some highlights of the last chilly week:
1. A visit from a dear friend’s daughter who was passing through and needed a place to stop for the night. It was wonderful to be able to provide that for her and to catch up a bit with what was going on in her life.
2. A long phone call from the above dear friend. We saw that we were both on Facebook at the same time, and she messaged, “Do you have time to talk?” We’ve known each other since early married days and haven’t had a chance to really catch up with each other in a long while.
3. Spring break. No alarm clocks!
4. A new chair and end table. I’ve been wanting a chair for our bedroom ever since we moved here, for various reasons. Finally found a nice swivel rocker at a very good price. And I mentioned getting a new nightstand a few weeks ago: we got one for Jim’s side as well. Though I have never felt everything had to be exactly matchy-matchy in a room, it’s nice if things balance and coordinate. Our room has been a hodgepodge just about the whole time we’ve been married, and it’s nice that it’s finally looking a little more put together.
5. Mini Pie Bites. After learning that March 14 was Pi Day, I really had a craving for chocolate pie. But these days I pretty much save such things for company, because it is too much temptation to have a whole pie or cake in the house. Then I came across these in the store…perfect!
Have you have a great weekend as we all look ahead to when it will really feel like spring!
No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.
– Proverb from Guinea