Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
It’s been another full week, but I guess that’s better than an empty week. :-) Here are the highlights:
1. Mom adjusting. As far as we can tell, Jim’s mom is adjusting well to her new situation in a skilled nursing facility. She smiles and is happy to see us. She is still not eating much — that started about a week before she went into the hospital, so we don’t know if she’s still not quite feeling up to par or what. She is also speaking very little, so that makes it harder to communicate what she is thinking and feeling. Thank you for your prayers for her. One of the kids’ Sunday School Classes sent her a Valentine’s card they all signed: that was sweet, and she smiled at the kids’ signatures.
2. An Irish concert. I mentioned last week the Steve Pettit Evangelistic Team was at our church for a week. They usually end the week with an Irish concert. I was so glad I was able to be there for that one — very enjoyable, and we had several visitors.
3. Sunday night off. After the week of meetings, our Pastor said we would not have services Sunday night, knowing that everyone would be tired after being out several nights during the week, and nursery workers, ushers, etc. would have had extra duty all week. Though we weren’t able to be at every service because of the situation with Jim’s mom, because of all that had been going on with her, it was so nice to just crash after Sunday dinner, even though we usually enjoy Sunday evening services.
4. Valentine’s Day. Jason and Mittu were able to come, we had a special meal, heart-shaped cupcakes, cards, candy, Jim brought Bojangles heart-shaped BoBerry Biscuits, and J&M brought the stuff for chocolate fondue. A fun night! Though now we have enough sugar in the house to put us all in a diabetic coma, LOL! We’ll just have to parcel it out.
5. These flowers my Valentine brought me:
I’m also very glad my oldest was safe and didn’t lose power after getting about 2 feet of snow in RI last weekend!
Happy Friday! Hope you have a great weekend!