Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was great. Here are some highlights of the last week:
1. Christmas, of course. I could make a “fave five” list just from Christmas Day, but I’ll include the family time, great food, presents, and contemplation of our Savior’s birth all in one.
2. My new PINK laptop! I’ve always used the desktop, and some of my portable devices are fine for reading but not so great for posting or commenting. I’ve already put this to good use.
3. The Hobbit, followed by dinner and games at Jason and Mittu’s house with friends. Didn’t like this film quite as much as The Fellowship of the Rings, but it was fun.
4. Swiss-Ham-Ring-Around, one of our favorite Christmas leftover meals.
5. Time off. Jim is off through Tuesday and Jeremy is here through the weekend, so we’re enjoying just hanging out most of the time with some excursions here and there. Yesterday we did something I have been wanting to do since we moved here: we went to the World’s Fair Park and went up into the Sunsphere. I feel much more Knoxvillian now. :)
Here’s the view down below of the amphitheater and part of the park from the observatory:
All in all a fun outing.
Hope you’re having a great week, too!