Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
I didn’t think I would be able to participate this week! But I got everything done (thank you, Lord!) — except the housework, which tends to fall by the wayside on a busy week. I’ll be catching up on that this afternoon and tomorrow.
Most of my favorite parts of this week are intangible, and some have to be vague:
1. Answered prayer on many fronts.
2. God’s intervention. An extended family member had a life-threatening crisis this week, and the husband of a couple from our church who went at their own expense to work on a building project for one of our missionaries in eastern Europe fell seriously ill while there (he lost 17 lbs. in 4 days). Thankfully both are stable and recovering now, though the first situation is still a little precarious (prayers appreciated!).
3. Having a situation work out despite obstacles and stress.
4. Someone coming through on something when it didn’t look like they were going to and I was trying to come up with plan B.
5. Pumpkin cream cheese. I’m not much of a cream cheese person — I use it in a few recipes but I don’t like spreading it on things. But at a ladies’ fellowship last night at church they had pumpkin muffins and pumpkin cream cheese, and it was really good. And they had great apple cider, too.
Hope you have a great weekend!