Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
It’s been a pretty good week! Here are some of my favorites from it:
1. Meals from favorite places. My husband took us out to Cheddar’s one night, and then one day when I was out running errands, I stopped and got take-out from Cracker Barrel.
2. Oven meals. I think I must say this every year about this time, but I don’t use the oven much in the summer, so when the weather turns cooler it’s nice to get back to some meals we haven’t had in months. Plus it is nice to get something in the oven and then rest or do something else for an hour or so.
3. A new futon. The one we had in the sewing room was Jason and Mittu’s, which they needed back when they moved into a 2 BR apartment a few weeks ago.
4. The futon cover. There is a story behind that…We had ordered a dark blue cover, and when Jim picked it up, out in the sunlight it looked blue. But in the room it looked jet black. I really wanted blue, so we took it back. We showed them the difference between the swatch we chose from and the cover we got, but they just said, “Oh, yeah, it varies from time to time.” But they did offer to let us exchange it. Unfortunately, we couldn’t find anything else we liked. On the way home, we remembered that we still had a cover from our other futon that had a white streak on it (which was why we sent for a new one). That cover was for a queen sized futon and the new one was full-sized, so I washed it and dried it on low….the streak disappeared and it shrunk just enough to fit just right on the new mattress. I was a happy camper.
5. Coolness. The temperatures have been so pleasant this week. I wish it could stay like this through, oh, about December or January.Or spring.
Have a great weekend!