Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
It’s the last day of August! I’m looking forward to cooler fall weather, though it may be a while before we experience it here. Here are some highlights of the last week:
1. Jesse’s first week of college classes has gone well. He has been able to navigate the campus well, enjoys his classes and teachers so far, has found people to eat lunch with (I don’t know if that last one is as big a deal for guys as it is for girls. ) All in all I think his first week has gone very well.
2. The Hope scholarship came through this week. It is not quite as much as the Life scholarship in SC was (that was one of many things that made it hard to leave SC!), but $1,000 per semester definitely helps.
3. Free audiobooks. My oldest son had an excess of Audible.com credits that he wanted to get rid of in order to go to a cheaper monthly plan. It didn’t look like it was possible to just send me the credits, but he found he could use them to send me a gift of an audiobook. There were a few I had been wanting, but they were smaller books, and I was reluctant to use my one monthly credit on a 6 hour book when I could use it on a 30 hour one. So he sent me four of those smaller books with his excess credits, a help to both of us.
4. Two events out of one housecleaning. We had our “Dinner For Six” Friday night, and Jason and Mittu had asked if they could have theirs here Saturday night: they had eight people, one in a wheelchair, so our place worked better for them than their upstairs apartment. The nice thing about theirs, for me, was that the house was already clean for it and their group took care of the cooking. We had a fun game of Apples to Apples with their group as well.
5. An unscheduled weekend. The last few weekends have been filled with really good things, but it is nice to face this weekend with nothing on the calendar. Plus it is a long weekend as well, with everyone having Monday off.
Hope you have a great weekend!