Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week, a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
It’s been another great week. I can’t believe August is almost over. Here are some of the favorite parts of last week:
1. My birthday was Tuesday. My family took me to dinner at a nice restaurant on the river and then took me home for cake and presents.
2. A picnic. Normally it seems like way too much work to me to pack up everything just to go eat somewhere else. But Jim took care of all the arrangements and the cooking. It wasn’t too hot in the shade. Jim and the boys went kayaking. Even Grandma got to come, though she slept through much of it. Then Mittu made dinner that evening. All in all it was a pretty relaxing day, for me anyway.
Because this area does not have public restrooms, Jim set up a “toilet tent” away from the picnic area. None of us wanted to have to use it, but it was nice to know it was there if needed.
3. Starting a new stitching project, one I’ve been wanting to get to for a long while. There is not enough of it done to really show yet, but it has been good to get it started (that’s always the hardest part.)
4. Days I don’t have to go anywhere. Had one of those this week. I get so much more accomplished at home those days. If I’d get my grocery shopping more organized, I’d probably have more of those days….
5. Restaurant leftovers make for a great lunch the day after eating out.