Annette at This Simple Home and Dorie at These Grace Filled Days have teamed up to create Together on Tuesdays as “a casual way to meet and connect with other women” over the summer. They’ve created a schedule of topics to discuss in order to get to know one another better, and the topic for this first week is introductions.
We’re encouraged to be a little creative in our intros, so I’ll share the top ten things that I would say characterize me.
1. My name is Barbara.I go by “Barbara H.” around the Internet because when I first started blogging there were a number of Barbaras. Please don’t call me Barb.
2. I’ve been married to a wonderful man named Jim for 32 years.
3. We have three boys….really young men now. The oldest two have “left the nest,” one of them is married, and the youngest just graduated from high school.
4. I’ve been privileged to be a stay-at-home-Mom since my first pregnancy.
5. I was a Home Economics Education major not because I was proficient in that area but because I needed all the help I could get. I had always wanted to major in English but at the time Home Ec. seemed more practical.
6. I’m naturally very shy and introverted, but God has helped me to get beyond my comfort zone.
7. I like reading, writing, and some amount of crafting when I have time.
8. I love pink roses and heart-shaped things. I like pastels, especially pink, slate blue, and sage green. I don’t like orange, peach, red, or yellow (except on fall leaves. )
9. One major life-affecting and life-altering event in my life was having transverse myelitis almost sixteen years ago. It’s an auto0immune reaction that occurs when a virus attacks the spine, causing one’s body to attack the spine as well as the virus. It was pretty rough the first few years, but now I can function about as well as I need to despite some residual symptoms. I am so thankful for the recovery God has allowed (some do not gain back what they lost at the beginning of TM) and what He taught me through it.
10. The most important thing about me is that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. He graciously led me to Himself when I was 17: you can read more about how that happened here. I am forever grateful.
I hope you can join in on at least some of the Together on Tuesday posts! I’m looking forward to getting to know you better.