Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share five of our favorite things from the last week. This has been a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
Here are a few faves from the past week:
1. Good results from my annual mammogram, plus just getting that over with for another year is a fave as well.
2. Dinner for Six. I think I mention this every time we participate, but it IS a favorite every time. Dinner for 6 is a program at our church where they divide participants into groups of six people who then take turns hosting each other for dinner over the next three months. It’s a great way to get to know people beyond what Sunday morning small talk allows. We had our first dinner with a new group this past Monday and just enjoyed it completely.
3. Framed cross stitch. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago having some great framing coupons at two different stores, so I was able to get my finished cross stitch pieces framed. I just got them back this week and love how they turned out.
Now I just need hubby’s help to hang them up. I really need to learn how to deal with the drill for these things that need more than just a nail to hang upon.
4. An exercise mat. I’ve started the Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout for the Kinect (and I’m feeling it!), but was horribly uncomfortable with any of the exercises on the floor until I got this.
I like how the strap keeps it rolled up and provides a handle as well.
5. Ceiling fans. I’ve mentioned AC on FFF before, but even with that I still sometimes get hotter than everyone else, especially while exercising or cooking. Ceiling fans really help provide extra coolness in the room I’m in so I don’t have to freeze everyone else out and run the electric bill higher by turning the AC down.
Happy Friday to you all!