Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, in which we can share our favorite things from the last week. This has been a wonderful exercise in looking for and appreciating the good things God blesses us with. Click on the button to learn more, then go to Susanne’s to read others’ faves and link up your own.
Here are a few favorites from the past week:
1. Fifth Sunday Fellowship. Our church had one of these last Sunday night. It’s kind of funny that I can approach these things with a first-day-of-school type anxiety (“Will I find anyone to talk to?”) But some people did sit with us and talk to us, and we had an enjoyable time.
2. Thoughtfulness. My husband had to eat dinner with a visitor at work but brought a piece of chocolate cake home for me. Very sweet. Both hubby and the cake.
3. The end of January! One month closer to spring! We had a few nice days in the 60s, but now it is back to the 30s. Thankfully the big “snowpocalypse” missed us. But my daughter-in-law’s mother lives in OK and was stranded at the hospital where she works for four days. That’s not a bad place to be stranded, but still, no one likes to be stranded anywhere.
4. Living room chairs. Finally. We had ordered them months ago, but first one problem after another came up — first the manufacturer ran out of the material we ordered, and then the store delivered the wrong chair –with several weeks of waiting for each problem to be resolved. We got two just alike which face each other. They’re very comfy, and it’s nice to have that room be more usable and closer to being finished — now I can figure out where to place the rest of the wall decorations.
5. An adorable commercial. I included this in my previous post — but I love it, and not every one who reads that post will read this one, and vice versa.
And a bonus: this sign, seen on Facebook: